Amazing low carb New York Ricotta cheesecake.
Light, super creamy, delicious.. with treats like this the Rosedale lifestyle is a pleasure!
- If you prefer a lighter cheese cake, then using Ricotta is perfect. If you want a heavier NY dense style cheese cake then add more cream cheese and pass on the ricotta.
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup extra-fine whole milk ricotta cheese (to refine, process in a food processor for 1 minute)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar substitute, or a little less depending on your sweetness desires (recommended: xylotol)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon no sugar added vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (some people like to add a little zest as well)
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of Nutmeg (if you like nutmeg)
- 1/8th teaspoon salt
- Special Equipment: 1 (8-inch) springform cake pan