Creamy, tasty smoothie ~ the perfect breakfast to start your day off with the correct amount of protein and fat.
- 1 scoop whey protein powder (or 15 grams of protein) – comes in all kinds of great flavors – check the label that there are no hidden unnecessary ingredients. Also keep in mind your protein requirements for the day, so if the scoop size is for 30 grams of protein then use half a scoop only.
- ½ avacado
- 8 oz. water, or some ice if desired.
The ingredients above is really creamy and nice, but if you want to get a little more creative, you can try some of the options below;
- 1-2 Tbs. almond or cashew butter or 10-15 raw nuts.
- 1/3 cup (fresh) frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.) Add the fruit for a treat, we would have this everyday without the fruit. Pass on this option if you are diabetic.
- For a treat if you can add some whipped cream on top sweetened with xylotol.
Mix in a blender, pour in a nice glass and drink slowly, enjoy.